Thursday, August 7, 2008

white etc.....

watched the second in the series of the three colours...yesterday night...stayed up till 2:30 am watching that film...another masterpiece by Krzysztof Kieślowski another of those oh my god love can be so painful *sob sob* moments towards the end...this ones about a Polish man who is a hairdresser and has a french wife. Movie starts off with her seeking divorce at a french high court...on the grounds that Karol ( the guy) couldn't consummate their marriage...and later she adds she doesn't love her husband anymore...the story moves on...Karol manages to get back to Warsaw with the help of a fellow polish bridge player Mikolaj...and eventually he becomes a rich , successfull businessman...who still hasn't been able to forget the wife and still loves beyond anything...he fakes his own death and frames his wife Dominique for it by crafty means...and the film ends with him staring at his wife in a prison cell....tears streaming down his eyes....

It got me thinking how powerful can love be....I mean if you love someone dearly and you are loved back...its all well and good....if not theres a chance that all hell might break loose....and I draw my example from this film....he was so much in love with his wife...but her repeated "no"for an answer to his "please come with me to Poland!" and his hatred for her....or may be her lack of reciprocation to his emotions.....turned him into a Mad-man with a purpose---a desire to see her suffer for making him suffer....

I have been through few such situations myself sometimes I have been on the receiving end , at some other times on the giving end....but I'm yet to feel emotions so strong as to be able to do something as crazy....I guess just havn't met that one person yet....who would bring that side of me out in the open....

Would like to know what any joe-blow would do on being blown away by some one they thought they loved more than anyone else....feel free to share your experience here....

Apart from this occassional escape into the virtual world where I can make evrything come true...to my likings....I have been rather busy...lifes turned into a mad rat race again....I wake up in the morning around 8 to 8:30 am everyday thinking oh crap I should have got up earlier....then I catch the bus to uni (yes i have started catching the bus instead of goin train-bus, allows me a fair bit of book reading time to and fro...) and once at uni....thankx to the idiots who are called "receptionist", try their hardest to make life a tad more difficult than it already is....I mean sisnce the time our room in the school has been taken away from us...I have to practically go beg them to let me use one of the many others that are not in use and lie locked up accumulating dust.....thanks to my uncle....he managed to get me through to the head of school and finally I have a room again....:) my dataset has been the core of all misery in my life over the past week and a half....its been giving bizarre...spurious results....God knows why...and I'm still in a fix about my final model....less than a month away from my final presentation....without the model...I can't work on the general stats...the analysis....my personla contribution...comparison with other studies in this field...or my conclusion...bloody HELL!!!

seems like the world is out to get me...nothing is going right in life starting from the tiniest thing to whatever else is of importance....to make matters worse I have also caught a bad cold...been sneezing,coughing incessantly..have a red runny nose...and it seems to be a never ending spell of winter...like the 100 year winter in NARNIA....( Narnia-the lion the witch and the wardrobe)....

I lost my glasses yet again...and now have to settle for lenses again much to my joy...my dad was surprised how I managed to loose three glasses over half a year...I told him...I always knew god wanted me to look HOT...which i so don't look if I have glasses on... ;).... Have an appointment with my optometrist tomorrow morning....and should have my 20/20 vision back latest by monday... :)

20 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Ahh,love be painful bond...
but isnt glasses the new rage now????

Aphrodite said...

@mooo...love has always ben the rooot for everything good or bad...and I don't follow the rage...they don't suite me...I prefer lenses...:)

Anonymous said...

hey i loved your blog. i would like yo add you up.

Aphrodite said...

@buzz...:) thankx for dropping by...

Anonymous said...

ohh that movie...what story! amazing!

its in French **sigh**

when nothing is working... dnt lose hope.. u will find a way.. i m sure ;)

and 3 Glasses in half an yr o_0

hw cme u neva lose lenses :P

i m sure i will lose one into the wash basin [ dito Shahrukh losing one in Baazigar :D]

Aphrodite said...

@veen...hmmm na lenses i won't lose..i know...and yes they are a must watch...touching stories...all three

maverick said...

good luck with the new glasses eh :D :D

and busy life is better than a mundane idle life i believe... :)

and howdy?

Aphrodite said...

@maverick...ahmm...not glasses contacts....got em:)...im good thanks...how r u?

Keshi said...

so u found ur contacts by the time Im commenting here. good to know that :)

Keshi.

Aphrodite said...

@keshi...ahmmm :) I can see a whole new world... ;)

Mez said...

Hope u back wid ur powered vision :) Am so comfi wid specs tht i still havent tried contacts..are they any good?

Jennifer A. said...

"...her repeated "no" for an answer to his "please come with me to Poland!" and his hatred for her....or may be her lack of reciprocation to his emotions.....turned him into a Mad-man with a purpose---a desire to see her suffer for making him suffer...."

AYE!!!!! Deep!

Lol @ I always knew God wanted me to look HOT! :)

Aphrodite said...

@mez...yep they are heaps good...so comfy and u dnt have to wear glasses (biggest advantage is cosmetic!! for me at least) i hate wearing glasses...they dn't suite me...at all:(

Aphrodite said...

@jaycee...:) dnt mind my crazyness ;)thankx for dropping by..

Mez said...

Hmm maybe i shud give 'em a try.

Aphrodite said...

@mez...ahmmm do 2 girl:)

What's In A Name ? said...

what was the name of the movie again ?

Aphrodite said...

@name...its white...:)

Anonymous said...

i havent lost 3 pair of spects, but i do own 3 pairs and i hardly wear them :)

for me its a kind of wave that grips me and then i think to have myself a cool pair of spects and then once the fevr dies down, i pack them up and forget....

after i watched Bachna...movie, i fell in love with spects Ranbir wears :)

Aphrodite said...

hmmm I have never been into glasses....I don't look good in em...is tht movie ne good???i dnt like ranbir....i think he's pretty effeminate...;)